Comments: Fools rush in where fools have been before.

The school should be torn down and the grounds sown with salt.

May they all Rest In Peace. +

Posted by Sandy Daze at December 18, 2012 12:34 PM

"The school should be torn down and the grounds sown with salt."

Rather, four words: "Sandy Hook Memorial Park."

Posted by newton at December 18, 2012 7:56 PM

I believe that the school where the Amish girls were killed was torn down. It seems like we are treating this like riding a horse, gotta get back on as soon as you can.

The reality is, schools are used as babysitters so their parents can work. That's why they have to get them reopened.

Posted by Teri Pittman at December 18, 2012 9:33 PM

Some would say that parents who put their kids into public school are guilty of a particularly fiendish form of child abuse.

I dunno about that, but I do know this: no child of mine will ever darken the door of a public school. My children will receive a private education even if their mother and I have to eat grass and dress in rags in order to pay for it.

Posted by B Lewis at December 18, 2012 9:34 PM

Ummm, not for nothing, but the school in question was not Sandy Hook, but another school in Newtown. That said, I am a homeschooler, and I count the aforementioned as reason number 3,496,424 to homeschool.

Posted by teresa at December 18, 2012 10:10 PM

Just noting: the children did not go back to the school building where the the shootings occurred but to another building in a nearby town. The last I heard there is no expectation that the building where the shootings happened will ever reopen.

Posted by Mrs Whatsit at December 19, 2012 11:33 AM

Just went to an event at a primary school in a very liberal state where it's illegal to carry a weapon in or near a school. There were wary-eyed dads staked out near every door. And if there weren't a dozen guns in that room, hidden in shoulder holsters, waistbands and jacket pockets, I'll eat every Obama bumpersticker in the country.

Americans aren't stupid. The huge increase in gun sales since Sandy Hook shows that we know what to do to protect our kids. I felt safe in that room, and proud of the men willing to guard the kids regardless of stupid "gun free zone" laws.

Every adult who works in a school should be required to carry a gun and be well trained in its use. Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun or who doesn't believe in the value of guns for defense is unfit to be around our children.

Posted by Raincityjazz at December 21, 2012 12:03 AM