Comments: Even more images of the airport full of 15,000 flood-damaged Sandy cars

And anyone buying a used car for the next year will need to be very, very careful.

Posted by Donald Sensing at January 7, 2013 4:00 PM

I can only hope that the water damage shows up on the CarFax(tm) reports.

Posted by Grizzly at January 7, 2013 4:06 PM

Donald, there is always some natural disaster and some media outlet has a story on vehicles damaged by disaster _____. You always need to be careful about buying used cars. An automaker dealership is better, the little mom & pop stores buy at auctions.

Posted by Todd at January 7, 2013 4:10 PM

I think it does, but if you pull up a carfax report it will show the location of the last owner, if that owner is from the New Jersey/New York area and the car's owner changed in Nov then it is a good chance it was a storm damaged car.

Posted by Potsie at January 7, 2013 4:57 PM

Grizzly, actually dealers of every kind and size buy and sell at auctions.

Posted by Donald Sensing at January 7, 2013 5:51 PM

Calverton? Believe Grumman once built F-14s there.

Posted by Jim at January 7, 2013 7:31 PM

A flood-damaged car is one of the worst investments you can make, especially if the damage was from salt water. The car's electrical system, if it still works, is on borrowed time, and you'll never get the mildew out. That's why insurance companies typically total flood damaged cars. Caveat emptor indeed.

Posted by waltj at January 7, 2013 8:15 PM

According to one engineer-mechanic who also owns his business, titles can still be washed through two states, and big dealers are by no means immune to concealing major defects. When cars can be had for $500 in large lots and sold for 5 or 10k, the race is on.

Posted by james wilson at January 8, 2013 8:55 AM

"The best used cars I have owned, no matter their age, have always been bought from original owners."

Original owners or buy new, my grandfather told me that. Gospel.

Posted by John the River at January 8, 2013 12:58 PM

Quality along with luxury. Shirt is the same method proven.

Posted by Ethelyn Guyer at June 26, 2013 11:36 PM