Comments: Why are you afraid of the Constitution? [Bumped]

As I wrote in 2002:

But I think that the various gun-control groups, really just can't stand freedom exercised by others. They want to live their lives a certain way and make sure that everyone else does, too. They seek a highly ordered, regimented society made up of people just like them. This desire to control others is pernicious and dangerous. They are "invincibly ignorant" in their campaigns because the actual facts about guns in America mean nothing to them. They simply do not want you or me to own a gun, period, no matter for what reason. They do not want us to be free and sovereign.

As for licensing and basic government control -- I oppose licensing and basic government control because -- am I getting the message through here? -- I am sovereign in America, not the government, and I do not permit the government to regulate my sovereignty.

Posted by Donald Sensing at February 6, 2013 5:56 PM

Posted by Potsie at February 6, 2013 6:27 PM

They're better than you.

They're Liberals.

Posted by Rob De Witt at February 7, 2013 12:25 AM

There isn't any GOP or Donks, those died with FDR.

What exists now is two implacable opposite positions looking to occupy the same space at the same time. Akin to sticking an electron in the nucleus. Good luck.

Posted by Vermont Woodchuck at February 7, 2013 5:22 AM

"It isn't the republicans vs the democrats, it is the ruling class vs the citizens."

You must be an pro-gun democrat, who is trying your best to not be embarassed by your party's despicable conduct on this issue.

On almost every other issue perhaps your statement is correct. But not gun control. The biggest gun grabbing totalitarian Nanny Statist politicians, who are right now, this minute, trying to ram the first of incremental measures down out throats, designed to ultimately (even if it takes a generation)disarm the populace, pretty much and with very few exceptions have a "D" after their names and not an "R."

Paul Ryan, who I was expecting to be the VP right now, is a member of the NRA.

And it is the "Red" states with GOP dominated legislatures that have the most pro-gun policies (fewer restrictions on concealed carry, "castle" doctrine in the home, etc.). Compare states like Texas and Oklahoma, to New York, Mass, and California.

It will be President Obama's (D) newly appointed SC justices this term, if any of the conservative justices retire, who will provide the votes to narrow, parse, or even reverse Heller and McDonald.

Finally, when gun grabbing legislation gets put to a vote by that loathesome Diane Feinstein (D-Cal) and Co. - watch how the votes will be split along party lines.

And then come back to me and try to tell me that the Stalinist disarmament efforts are not a Dem vs Republ issue.

Posted by southernjames at February 7, 2013 6:04 AM

It all boils down to this: Property, cars and guns.
They want us to not have any of those things.

Posted by Jewel at February 7, 2013 6:22 AM

You must be an pro-gun democrat

And you must be an ignorant fool.

Posted by Potsie at February 7, 2013 6:33 AM

"And you must be an ignorant fool."

LOL. Ding ding, yes we have a winner. Your failure to even address any of my points serves quite nicely to prove my point.

Typical kind of response one would see from a democrat.

It's not a Dem vs Repub issue? Please provide me with a list of all Republican Senators and Congressmen who are currently sponsoring gun control legislation. Oh you can't? Hmm, who is the ignorant fool?

Posted by southernjames at February 7, 2013 10:03 AM

Wow, you wrote "ding ding", did you make the sound out loud as well?
You can take your statement and fill in the blanks any way you want. "Finally, when _________ legislation gets put to a vote by that loathsome __politician's name___ and Co. - watch how the votes will be split along party lines." Everything is split along party lines. Both parties know how to keep the minions in line.

If you were expecting a Romney win you obviously are not paying attention. I take it you voted for the big government liberal with an "R" after his name to get rid of the big government liberal with a "D" after his name.

You actually used "Ding Ding", so I have a simple poem for you.
Republicans are red,
Democrats are blue,
Neither party,
gives a damn about you.

When there is a boot on your neck you shouldn't be checking to see if it is a left foot or a right foot.

Posted by Potsie at February 7, 2013 10:36 AM

The there is no difference between the parties argument is simplistic and inaccurate. The party of the left would have no game without dribbling by and shooting over Republicans. Sometimes the Repubs are short a player or two and the Dems send bodies over to help. This is the game of universal suffrage. The idea that a conservative could be elected to office under those rules is disproved by the fact that none even run. The voter who might be inclined to cast for a conservative is so battered that his standard is easily overcome.

"Universal suffrage is not only the most detestable element of government, but also a powerful revolutionary instrument".-
Tocqueville

Posted by james wilson at February 7, 2013 11:01 AM

Since reading comprehension is apparently not your strong suit, you now doubt missed this:

"On almost every other issue perhaps your statement is correct." But the issue under discussion HERE, in this thread was. - wait for it, wait for it.....

GUN CONTROL. I'll say it slowly, just for you: Guuunn....con......trol.

"You are taking one issue and saying that one issue defines all of a political party."

Actually, no. Nowhere have I even implied that.

I may have been concerned that Big Govt Romneycare would not have differed much if any from Big Government Obamacare. But yet again - pay close attention now junior....on the issue of.....wait for it , wait for it - GUN CONTROL, the GOP and the Dems are not even remotely identical.

Marco Rubio and John McLame may want to open our borders just like Diane Feinstein and Dick Durbin do. Yes yes, I get it. Two sides of the same evil coin on almost every issue.

But two of them want to make me a felon, today, this year, right now, for owning a magazine that holds more than ten cartridges. Two of them don't. Pop Quiz: Which two of them do, and which two of them don't.

Our ONLY hope for the enactment of draconian national registration requirements and other infringements on my second amendment rights being thwarted, lies with the House, and hoping the leadership controls any purple or blue state squishes within their ranks. Quiz: Which party controls the House?

Posted by southernjames at February 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Southernjames;

+1. Perhaps our girl potsie is a product of the union-run pubic screwels, which would explain her(it's?) difficulty with comprehension; AND immediate recourse to insult and invective.

Good work, Sir.

Posted by Dave at February 8, 2013 3:21 AM

Okay Southernjames, I see you can not look at the big picture or handle more than one issue at a time.
The republicans will do just what they always have, they will cave in. You will cheer when they do cave, and line up and put the big government bastards back in office.

Dave, I see you wrote "screwels" just like Rush Limbaugh pronounces it. Is that who does all your thinking for you? Rush's show is great, but don't take him too seriously and sure has hell don't let him think for you.

Hey look guys! Something shiny!

Posted by Potsie at February 8, 2013 4:37 AM

Oh, you busted me, but good Pottie. I can't look at the "Big Picture," and realize that the two parties are, on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE that is of importance to me, IDENTICAL!

I just can't HANDLE more than one issue at a time!! I just CAN'T.

Please don't make me think about TWO issues at the same time! All I can HANDLE right now is just ONE little issue on this discussion thread - and that is my right to keep and bear arms.

But I will stop paying attention to that one issue now, I promise. Because Potsie has assured me that all the gun control legislation that Feinstein, Durbin, Obama, and Potsie's other favorite Dems want to pass, will pass no matter what Paul Ryan and Company pretend to say. Got it, Ace.

Posted by southernjames at February 8, 2013 5:33 AM

The NRA is an effective third party, blessed with clarity and courage. The Republican Party is a beard for Democrats. The NRA does not bend over; the Republicans reach back and shove it up their own asses. Reliably. The only tool in Congress available to the NRA is the beard, so it is not surprising that they generally chose the beard over the bitch, but giving much credit to Republicans is counter-productive.

Posted by james wilson at February 8, 2013 9:53 AM

James Wilson,
Oh I know the Pubs are totally unreliable, and are also spineless whores, and I give them no credit at all. But, unlike most of the Dems, at least (hopefully) most of the Pubs can be brow beaten by the NRA and their constituents into voting the right way on these attempts being made to "never let a crisis go to waste," with small children exploited as stage props for good measure.

However it gets done is fine with me...in order to try to forestall the day when I will be faced with the dilemma of making a choice; a choice I would prefer to not have to make....which is either complying with what I consider to be an unconstitutional, Stalinist mandate; or, consciously deciding to become, in the eyes of the state, a felon, subject to arrest if I am truthful when questioned -- or a perjurer if I am not truthful. (e.g., verifying via sworn affidavit that the weapon the state is showing as me being the owner of, was in fact, lost in a boating accident).

Posted by southernjames at February 8, 2013 11:05 AM