Comments: [Spit] Republicans [Spit]

Conservaitves have to put more pressure on the Republicans than any other interest group. Only when the Ruling Class are more afraid of us than they are afraid of the unions, tree-huggers, race pimps, etc. will they do what we want. Our voters have taken the path of least resistance for many years and yet they expect their views will be implemented. Stop being the good middle-child and learn to create the mother of all sh*t-storms over even the smallest policy issue. Being nice will be the end of this country, no other interest group is getting their way by being nice, stop being wimpy betas and become The Godfather.

Posted by Scott M at February 22, 2013 8:52 PM

McCain and other RINOs think I should support them and they will try to get me what I want - a stronger America.

No, the deal is the other way around... show me that you have what it takes to build a stronger America by doing some of it, and then I will show you that I will support you.

And you haven't done squat yet, by the way.

Posted by sherlock at February 22, 2013 9:49 PM

A conservative is someone who says they believe in limited government, reducing spending, and more freedom, yet for some reason they continue to vote republican.

Posted by Potsie at February 23, 2013 7:21 AM

I see nothing to be optimistic about. We've crossed the Rubicon and there's no going back. When this thing implodes it will be those controlling the military who will call the tunes the piper plays.

Posted by Richard at February 23, 2013 8:19 AM

Yes, potsie, because up until recently in our system the only viable alternative to the socialist, anti-American democrat party happened to be the republican party.
Wretchard hit the nail on the head in that post...unfortunately, the republicans are showing that they are content with sloppy seconds.

Posted by Uncle Jefe at February 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Uncle Jefe, what do you mean by "up until recently"?

Posted by Potsie at February 23, 2013 1:10 PM

The Reagan years.
But seriously, up until recently the fact that repubs were at least pro-American (or at least not virulently anti-American) and capitalist allowed for a "hold-your-nose-and-pull-the-lever" at the voting booth.
I'm afraid that will no longer be enough, even with the disaster of obama, nancy, harry, barney, babs, etc that has resulted, and the dismantling that's been taking place.
There is such thing as a lesser of two evils, you know.

Posted by Uncle Jefe at February 23, 2013 4:56 PM