Comments: Infantile Conservatism

The resident does.

Posted by Sandy Daze at February 26, 2013 4:17 AM

The ever shrill cunard is that we're after the oil. Yawn ....

Oh, and while they remembered to list the pistachios, they forgot to list terrorism. If all Iran exported was pistachios and caviar, we probably wouldn't be so concerned about their nuclear efforts.

Posted by edaddy at February 26, 2013 4:39 AM

I'm sure Pat could explain how Rubin is part of a Jewish cabal which is secretly running American foreign policy, too, cleverly using the Israel-hating Obama as a puppet.

Posted by Levans at February 26, 2013 8:03 AM

Is Iran our greatest national security threat?

They have their comical aspects, but it's never a good idea to allow hooting, bearded Mohammedans to have nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. Bad business to ignore something like that.

Pat Buchanan's questions might be a bit of a strawman. The Iranians are a problem we've been putting off ever since they committed an act of war against us in 1979. Now it's getting to the point where we will have no choice but to deal with it--deal with them soon, or deal with the aftermath of an atomic blast.

Let's just start calling them Persians again. "Persians" would be a better fit.

Posted by Mike James at February 26, 2013 10:59 AM

Pat Buchanan is what Chuck Hagel would be if he had a brain.

Posted by Don Rodrigo at February 26, 2013 12:13 PM

Three years ago, Admiral Mike Mullen sounded the alarm for our nation. He said, “I was shown the figures the other day by the comptroller of the Pentagon that said that the interest on our debt (will be) $571 billion in 2012…That is, noticeably, about the size of the defense budget. It is not sustainable.” The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a 43-year veteran of the United States Navy, then offered this chilling warning: "Our national debt is our biggest national security threat."

Posted by Sandy Daze at February 26, 2013 3:48 PM

I think Sandy, above, meant to say that the *president*, the POTUS, is currently the greatest threat to our national security. If that's what Sandy meant, then I would have to agree.

Posted by Grizzly at February 26, 2013 8:17 PM

Grizzly, times are tough all over. As part of my effort at belt-tightening, I've dropped the "pee" for the executive. At this point I think everyone should "pee" on the executive.

Posted by Sandy Daze at February 27, 2013 11:42 AM

Grizzly, times are tough all over. As part of my effort at belt-tightening, I've dropped the "pee" for the executive. At this point I think everyone should "pee" on the resident.

Posted by Sandy Daze at February 27, 2013 11:43 AM