Life Comes at You Fast

I hope the shooter's last name wasn't Princip.

Posted by ahem at June 14, 2017 8:18 AM

2 things were big clues before his identity was revealed: that they wouldn't disclose his identity, and his extremely piss poor shooting. Holy mother of all things American, this dumbass couldn't shoot fish in a barrel.

Lee Harvey Oswald he wasn't. This was my biggest indicator that he was a left-tits. Cracker was a bolo at shooting.

That's the new take by the left, BTW. He was an old white guy, non-muslim. Watch them run with that. Also, as a Bernist, he'll soon become a Jew.

Just be thankful no one put up a graphic with a target reticle on it. That is unforgivable. Severed heads and Ceasarian plays are OK. But...

Posted by Casey Klahn at June 14, 2017 8:56 AM

Leftists online are blood-dancing with this, naturally. Twitter is especially ripe. I know better than to pay attention to the scum, really I do.

Posted by Monty James at June 14, 2017 9:38 AM

I think the time has come -- finally -- to emulate Israel and allow open carry in all public places. Sidearms, AR-15s, shotguns...whatever you think you can carry and don't mind carrying, should be strapped to your hip or slung across your back. An armed society is a polite (and safe) society. Incidents like the one today would be reduced to 15-second events with the shooter ending up dead. Stay Calm and Carry.

Posted by Bill in Tennessee at June 14, 2017 11:24 AM

@Bill in Tenn

To wear that shirt makes one a primary target. Don't advertise you are armed. This is especially true if you are not actually armed at THAT moment.

Posted by Terry at June 14, 2017 11:37 AM

Avoid crowds.

How many is a crowd?
How many rounds in the gun you're carrying?

Ever notice that the MSM always calls a rifle *high powered*?
That means it wasn't an *assault rifle* but was even MORE dangerous.
Course, the media is always lying so what diff does it make?

Posted by ghostsniper at June 14, 2017 12:16 PM

Oh that shirt was for fun and info only; no I wouldn't wear it as an advertisement. I just saw it at a gun show last weekend here and thought it was amusing....and yet strangely instructive. I do avoid crowds...not out of fear but because usually anything that a crowd is interested in, I'm not. I mean, who actually GOES to a pop concert these days? Or a demonstration? Just the kind of riff-raff, welfare cheats, unwashed lefties, and Mogudishu diversities that I don't want to be near, that's who.

Posted by Bill in Tennessee at June 14, 2017 1:24 PM

You may not be so bad after all, just a little rough around the edges. Those'll wear down in time.

Posted by ghostsniper at June 14, 2017 1:29 PM

One cannot attend an NFL, NBA, WNBA, or MLB game without going through a metal detector. I had a guard tell me my little multitool was unacceptable. Because so many have been pinched to death with the folding plier accessory. The knife portion is so small the only way to kill with it would be to pierce the jugular.

Of course, if I wanted to kill a lot, I'd just attack the line waiting to go through the metal detector.

Posted by Gordon at June 14, 2017 4:10 PM

Avoiding crowds is easy for me as I do not like them. This socialist bozo in DC shot 50+ rounds at close to medium range and killed nobody. I killed an elk last fall at 333 yards with one shot. I crave no civil war, but if one comes, I know which side is more likely to put rounds on target.

Ghost is right (as usual) almost all "assault rifles" fire low power, or medium powered cartridges at best.

Posted by Snakepit Kansas at June 14, 2017 7:28 PM

idk how far it is from just behind the dugout to second base, I'm afraid, but I'm thinking no more than a hundred yards? I just looked, and in any event it must be no more than 150 feet, which is 50 yards. A center mass shot would be a fraction of an inch high at 50 yrds if he zeroed at 100 yrds. I suspect he'd never even zeroed his rifle, because a hit on the hip is a fairly wild shot.

Bernistas are some crazy people, and they probably do like guns at least a little more than Clintonistas. But they shoot like sissies.

My fear of them, and my respect for their prowess, is at an all time low today. See? A silver lining.

That some political violence came from the left is no big surprise. What'll be interesting, now, will be to see the next few moves. I won't even pay attention to the rhetoric or the news.

Posted by Casey Klahn at June 14, 2017 9:05 PM

"I won't even pay attention to the rhetoric or the news."
==============================

What news?
There is no news any more, just manic freex typing as fast as possible anything that comes to mind.

A month after the fact, if you can still find it, you might see some truth.

IOW, why bother?

Posted by ghostsniper at June 15, 2017 3:54 AM

Life may come at you fast, but sometimes, so does death.

Posted by Jewel at June 16, 2017 3:13 AM